Thursday, February 28, 2013

I'll be seeing you - The Notebook

5 Famous Prayers in the Bible
5 Famous Prayers in the Bible

You may wonder what type of prayer arouses GOD'S attention and get results. Effective prayer is direct communication with GOD. It acknowledges individual faith in a power higher than oneself who can help, guide and bring comfort. Many see prayer as weak, spineless and the last resort of out of touch people in over their heads. I beg to differ. Prayer is the very first tactic of powerful, resourceful people living in complete dependence on GOD.

Famous Love

Throughout the Bible when situations occurred, prayer made the difference for the person praying. The first example of prayer that gets GOD attention is The LORD'S Prayer. Often called the Model Prayer, this prayer uses the formula of reverence for GOD first, petitioning, asking for forgiveness and then closing with praise. When asked by HIS disciples, JESUS taught HIS followers to pray with sincerity and without pretext. The tone that this prayer sets is reliance upon the LORD to meet needs.

5 Famous Prayers in the Bible

1. Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen. (Matthew 6:9-13, NKJV)

The second prayer example looks at the short and simplistic Prayer of Jabez. It also got GOD'S attention and produced results! What was noteworthy of this prayer was the fact that Jabez asked for GOD'S blessing. The Bible gives very little background about Jabez, yet this particular prayer stuck out.

2. And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, "Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that YOU would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!" So God granted him what he requested. (1 Chronicles 4:10 NKJV)

The third prayer we examine is what David prayed after Nathan the prophet informed him of GOD'S judgment because of his adultery with Bathsheba, and his murder of Uriah, Bathsheba's husband. This is a prayer of confession to assuage guilt and receive forgiveness. The person praying must always take full responsibility for his or her actions. This type of humility makes this an effective prayer.

3. O loving and kind GOD, have mercy. Have pity upon me and take away the awful stain of my transgressions. Oh, wash me, cleanse me from this guilt. Let me be pure again. For I admit my shameful deed-it haunts me day and night. It is against YOU and YOU alone I sinned and did this terrible thing. YOU saw it all, and Your sentence against me is just. Create in me a new, clean heart, O GOD, filled with clean thoughts and right desires. Don't toss me aside, banished forever from Your presence. Don't take Your HOLY SPIRIT from me. Restore to me again the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey YOU. (Psalms51:1-17 TLB)

A fourth example is how Hannah, who was barren, prayed for a son. She knew that GOD was able to grant her request. Her prayer demonstrated her faith by including a vow for her future.

4. In bitterness of soul Hannah wept much and prayed to the LORD. And she made a vow, saying, "O LORD Almighty, if YOU will only look upon your servant's misery and remember me, and not forget your servant but give her a son, then I will give him to the LORD for all the days of his life, and no razor will ever be used on his head." (1 Sam 1:10-11, NIV)

The fifth prayer examined is from Hezekiah after the prophet told him to prepare to die. Hezekiah's tearful prayer spoke of his urgent need. GOD bestowed mercy and gave Hezekiah fifteen additional years of life.

5. "Remember now, O LORD, I beseech YOU, how I have walked before YOU in truth and with a whole heart and have done what is good in Your sight." And Hezekiah wept bitterly. (2 Kings 20:3, NASU)

The common thread prevalent in these prayers was a sincere link to GOD. True prayer fellowship recognizes that there is nothing too hard for GOD. There is also nothing off limits in the prayer request. Long or short, what garner results from GOD are the faith, love and motivation behind the prayers!

I'll be seeing you - The Notebook Tube.

Duration : 3.13 Mins.


Ok, I saw The Notebook, for the 24632032nd time, and I thought about making a video of them, then immediately thought about this song, which is so cute and so sad at the time. Hope you like my new creation and comment, rate and like! (: Mel,Love Quotes

Tags: ,Love Quotes I'll be seeing you - The Notebook

No comments:

Post a Comment